Monday, March 15, 2010

New Old Jane...a retrospective of more portraits from the sixties

This thing slows down if you put too many photos on so I had to start a new one.

Wouldn't it be cool if the two women in the portraits from the previous blog saw it and contacted me? I lost touch with them many, many years ago.

Anyway. Here is one of my first husband Doug. He passed away in 1974 at the age of 29.


I am not sure why I made the pair of pants  on a separate sheet and stuck it to the main picture with scotch tape. Damn shame that the tape has deteriorated and messed it up now. Perhaps it was a naughty picture. I must go peek underneath later.

And last but not least my long time friend Ann. We worked together in Ottawa, drank together on the Quebec side, were working on Spark Street when Kennedy was killed, didn't go to Australia together, and we lost touch - all in the early 60's. We  were reunited about 10 years ago.

Isn't she a fresh faced young innocent? : - )

BTW dont let the signature confuse you. Liza...short for Elizabeth.  I experimented with different names and signatures for a long time before I hit on one I liked....the dragonfly icon that I use exclusively now.

You know this is one of my nicer portraits I think. I like the sunny fresh colors. thanks Ann for sharing that with me. I had forgotten all about it.

No comments:

Paper Mache Clay Experiment - What I would do differently

This is so typical of me to just jump in where angels fear to tread and make up my own rules.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn...