Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Did you see the movie?




Using one of those great S.O. Dollicious African American doll patterns produced by Sandra M. Blake I have been sewing my little hands off the last couple of days. But I am really enjoying the challenge of working with her complex (for me) patterns.

And after all the challenging work this handsome young man is emerging. I don't know too much about him yet except he says he is a friend of Star's.

When he introduced himself as Ben Thayer I immediately said, "Did you get the t-shirt?"  Of course, he didn't get the joke.  Ben Thayer...as in  "Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.Saw the movie. Read the book."

Sigh...I have just lived too long.

I am sure we will be hearing more about Ben as soon as he gets dressed. I admit it was a little disconcerting interviewing him while he wore nothing but his shoes. But I can vouch for those rumors about men with big feet......

Even with a complete wire skeleton, without a nice solid pair of well fitted shoes I think a light breeze would blow him over. Once more back to the drawing board on the standing thing.

I was happy to see that he was much more flexible than I thought.






Then I remembered that I had some doll's eyes from about 20 years ago. Voila! These brown ones worked great. With the size of those pupils he must be on something. And I gotta straighten out that prize fighter nose.

But he has a great fro!

Remember I told you once before I was experimenting with placement of eyelids?  Just for the record here is what happens when you change the position of the eyelids. You can figure out the emotions yourself. I am  thinking the more sleepy look in the last photo will be the final choice.





                              

No comments:

Paper Mache Clay Experiment - What I would do differently

This is so typical of me to just jump in where angels fear to tread and make up my own rules.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn...