Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mixed bag

I took a breather from doll making to do some related activities. I made these accessories - eye glasses and shoes. These are made from Sculpey, a polymer clay that bakes at low temperatures in an ordinary oven.  At least I can make the soles for the shoes. I may try the tops later on. Here is a tray ready to be baked.  This is a first try so I will let you know how they work out.


When I went out to the studio this morning Tristan, the Emo kid who is Rose's great grand son ( I thought he said  his name wasThurgoode, silly me)  was wearing a pair of red sparkly high tops.  He said a friend gave them to him. Saves me the trouble of trying to make him some but they looked strangely familiar.
Rose ,Tristan and Mojo were going out for a spin.


I did some checking around and found out  that LaTricia, who does some part time work at the home, was shoeless BUT she was wearing a mink stole that looked suspiciously like the one Rose said she pawned for gas money. The plot thickens.
I have started a box that I call "The Parts Department" which contains doll parts that I have for one reason or another not used. They will come in handy at some point I hope.


BTW I heard Rose speaking about a new fellow at the home, a Mr. O'Reilly. Seems like Boomer may have some competition. 

No comments:

Paper Mache Clay Experiment - What I would do differently

This is so typical of me to just jump in where angels fear to tread and make up my own rules.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn...